Moving Toward Equity
Welcome to the Moving Toward Equity interactive tool from the Center on Great Teachers and Leaders! Here you will find practical strategies and useful resources to consider as you work to ensure that the
- 23.5 million public school students living in poverty,
- 24.5 million students of color,
- 4.7 million students who are English language learners,
- 6.4 million students with disabilities, and the
- 11.9 million students in rural schools
have access to truly great teaching and leading in every one of their classrooms, in every one of their schools, every one of their days.
This site is designed to support regional centers, state education agencies, districts, schools, and educator preparation programs understand the issues, set priorities, raise awareness, take action, and measure progress toward equity. It can also be used as a resource for states as they design and implement their State Plans to Ensure Equitable Access to Excellent Educators.